Intellectual property, ICT and privacy
Over the years, we have built up an extensive track record in the areas of:
- Advice on IP, including due diligences with M&As: copyright, trademark law, draft and design law, patent law, trade names, domain names, trade secrets & know-how etc.
- Drawing up IP contracts: licence agreements, clauses for the transfer of IP (such as in employment or collaboration contracts), distribution agreements, franchising agreements, confidentiality agreements (NDAs), fair competition clauses, etc.
- Assistance with IP disputes: procedures to stop breaches of IP rights and obtain compensation; seizure with regard to imitation; opposition and cancellation proceedings related to brands; domain name disputes, etc.
- Drawing up IT contracts: hardware sale or purchase, software development, software licences, cloud computing, IT projects, etc.
- Drawing up general terms and conditions and user terms and conditions for e-commerce projects
- Assistance for victims of cyber criminality
- Assistance with IT disputes, such as unsuccessful ERP implementations, software development projects or other IT projects.
Privacy & data protection
- Conducting a privacy audit and testing it against the GDPR
- Drawing up a register of processing activities, processing agreements, agreements between joint processing managers, privacy & cookie policies, etc.
- Service as a Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Assistance with GDPR disputes: procedures for parties concerned, procedures for processing managers or processors; assistance with procedures for the Data Protection Authority.