Arbitration and mediation
Over the years, we have built up an extensive track record in the areas of:
- Advice on drafting arbitration agreements.
- Institutional and ad hoc arbitration.
- Assistance and representation in arbitration procedures: drafting a request for arbitration, assessment of claims, selection of an arbitrator, drafting submissions, preparation of witness statements, examination of witnesses, expert reports, pleadings, in-person and virtual hearings.
- Assistance and representation in judicial procedures with regard to arbitration: provisional measures, enforcement of an arbitral award, motion for setting aside an arbitral award.
- Assistance in arbitration proceedings with third party funding: negotiating and drafting of third party funding agreements, enforcement of an arbitral award.
- Acting as arbitrator: commercial arbitration, sports arbitration.
- Advice in drafting mediation clauses.
- Institutional and ad hoc mediation.
- Legal assistance in a mediation: selection of a mediator, preparation of caucus, drafting of settlement agreement resulting from mediation.
- Acting as mediator: commercial mediation, investor-State mediation.
- Assistance as a collaborative lawyer during negotiations in order to reach an amicable settlement in a dispute.
We can assist our clients and act for them in various languages: Dutch, French, English, German, and Spanish and in various fields (special focus: commercial law, construction law and energy law).
We act in both national and international proceedings, both in Belgium and abroad.
Everest Attorneys has developed its own protocols for online arbitration and online mediation.