‘Enterprise means risk.’
You know the adage. And with good reason. It is the risk which leads to success or failure. But if the risk of failure is punished too harshly, that also means less chance of success.
We also like to help you in the difficult times.
Over the years, we have built up an extensive track record in the areas of:
- Supervision and assistance for companies in difficulties: from acting preventively and looking for tailored solutions in close consultation with the client and the economic professional to corporate assistance and organising seminars;
- Legal, procedural and strategic assistance with an application for judicial reorganisation (various types): amicable agreement, collective agreement and transfer under a court order;
- Legal and procedural supervision and assistance with other insolvency procedures such as liquidations and bankruptcies for entrepreneurs in difficulties (requests for bankruptcy or liquidation with or without a deficit, applications for remission of outstanding debts, bankruptcy follow-up, director’s liability, etc.);
- Legal and procedural supervision of creditors of an entrepreneur in difficulties;
- Legal and procedural assistance to directors since they have to be mindful of the risk of liability in the event of a bankruptcy (e.g. if they fail to react in time or were to enter into commitments which the company could no longer honour in view of the circumstances): from giving advice to a prudent director so that he or she knows how to act in order to avoid liability to legal assistance in the event of legal action.
Apart from a sound knowledge of insolvency law, our lawyers also have special expertise in company law, banking law, corporate law and attachment & execution law and it is precisely this specific combination of knowledge which enables us to provide a well considered solution tailored to your company.