Our company has a department which concentrates on sports law and on all parties which are connected directly or indirectly with the sporting world.
We provide legal assistance inter alia for sports players, sports clubs, sports federations, sports agents, sponsors, organisers and trainers.
Our company assists its clients inter alia in the following areas:
- Drawing up internal sporting rules;
- Assistance in internal disputes and disputes with third parties;
- Assistance and defence in disciplinary proceedings and arbitration for sports organisations;
- Assistance and defence in doping cases (Flemish Doping Tribunal, Disciplinary Commission, Sports Arbitration Tribunal, etc.);
- Assistance with drawing up and inspecting and negotiating contracts (transfers, sponsor agreements, etc.);
- Assistance for sport-related companies and associations (formation and amendment of articles of association of inter alia non-profit agencies, appointment/dismissal of directors, mergers and takeovers of sports clubs, applications (for business permits and other permits, etc.);
- Assistance with regard to the tax and social security status of sports players and sports clubs (income tax);
- Protection of the intellectual property rights of sports players (copyrights, brands and designs, broadcasting rights, portrait rights, etc.);
- Sport-related criminal law (e.g. match fixing, corruption, assault and battery, drugs law, etc.);
- Football law (stadium bans, etc.).
The sports department within our company stands out from other companies which cover sports law because it is integrated into a firm of lawyers which is geared to companies so that we can offer multidisciplinary and inter-departmental services in all possible branches of law.